Monday, December 7, 2009

beer tube

i don't think this is an isolated incident. in central pennsylvania, at a certain bowling alley, which shall not be named (mostly because i do not remember the name and also because dan will tell me in the comments section), they sell beer in a tube. draft beer in a clear plastic tube with a little spigot on the bottom. it makes me so happy to know that there is someone out there who heeded america's call for taller, narrower beer dispensers. 

now i'm reading this book called deep economy about how maybe we shouldn't measure the success of our societies by their economic growth, because this focus on growth results in the overproduction of goods that a) use resources that can be better applied and b) don't make our lives any better. bill mckibben is the author and i agree with him in theory, right, but something tells me that he would not support the production of beer tubes and i am not sure i could bear to return to a world where beer in bowling alleys is served only in pitchers. 

(but wait, oh, i just had a revelation! isn't a pitcher just stouter kind of tube? and a cup too? oh jason and dave at beertubes.com, what do you take me for?)

1 comment:

  1. Your confidence in my willingness to comment deterred me. Of course, I couldn't leave this unanswered, so I put it on my calendar to respond at a later date. And here we are. Palmyra Bowling. Beer provided by Sinkhole Saloon.

    ReplyDelete