Wednesday, April 22, 2009

capricorn

furthermore, and this has no basis in recent events, when people ask me my birthday and then say "oh, a capricorn", like they suddenly know my inner workings and when i tell them that i think any bearing that my astrological sign might seem to have on my personality is just coincidence, i always hear "you would say that" and i ask why and they say "because you're a capricorn," i just feel so confounded. 

and look, i won't say that i'm right, because whatever, but i think coincidences are as interesting as the next person and sometimes it is fun to think that everything i do is following whatever path is laid out for me, but i just don't feel it, like i can accept that it might be true, but it just doesn't resonate.

so i think it is confining to put someone into a category and then define them by it, like oh she's a blond and just leave it at that, like that explains her character. and i am not sure who we're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment